A perpetual summation of music, science, and other variables of interest.

12.01.2009

Electric Avenue

It's funny how a song you've probably heard many times before suddenly enters your consciousness. I'm sure I was vaguely aware of Electric Avenue's existence through gradual osmosis of interminable VH1 countdowns, but it wasn't until sometime a year ago or so (I think watching Pineapple Express) that it occupied a distinct part of my brain. Now I hear it everywhere (quite often on my home speakers). The most memorable public experience was at a super divey bar in Tuscon where Ellen and I stopped for lunch back in August. The place was jammed at 2pm on a weekday (what better time to get smashed?). Someone threw this on the jukebox and the place instantly became electrified! (sorry)

No comments: