A perpetual summation of music, science, and other variables of interest.

11.30.2009

Aeroplane

I first came across Aeroplane through their set on the excellent Resident Advisor podcast. Now, I don't really know (or care) that much about trends or stars in the house/techno scene, but in a sea of generic minimal, these guys stood out. Technically I guess they are disco, but all I know is that they make me (and others) feel good. I sort of equate Aeroplane to a less-ADD, Euro-clubber's version of Girl Talk: easy to dance to, massive major key highs, and just the right touch of indie street-cred from inserting songs by hip bands like XX or Fleet Foxes. Fantastic stuff to exercise to. And lucky for us they've also been posting monthly mixes. Enjoy!

Aeroplane Mix Chart October 09 mp3 by Aeroplane

Aeroplane "Chart Mix" November 2009 by Aeroplane

No comments: