A perpetual summation of music, science, and other variables of interest.

11.22.2009

Dirty Projectors

Dirty Projectors can be confusing on first listen, the guitar melodies and yelping vocals seem almost haphazard, tripping over each other. But after a couple listens it totally gels and in my case became serious earworm material. "Temecula Sunrise" has some great lines about suburban lifestyle which I can totally relate to growing up in Southeast FL:

"I live on a strip beyond the dealership, yeah!"

"And what hits the spot, yeah, like gatorade? You and me baby"

Has anyone else had a gatorade recently that totally hit the spot? Sometimes it is absolutely the perfect relief. I started keeping a stash handy just for that reason -- it happens a lot here out in the desert air.

No comments: